Giant Machines is committed to a thriving society with a focus on racial justice, gender equality, social justice, and more sustainable communities.
- Continue to foster a culture of learning and awareness
- Provide time and resources for more members of the team to attend sustainability conferences
- Regular Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) workshops
- Leadership training in DEIB perspectives and awareness
- Champion DEIB, Anti-bias, and Anti-racist training
- Share out resources in the #diversity-inclusion Slack channel and help disseminate information and awareness
- Continue to align ourselves with organizations and vendor partners who share our mission.
- Ensure we make sustainable decisions including changes to energy consumption, and food waste, and general carbon footprint as we decide on office space, catering, company events, and other company activities.
- Increasing transparency, achieved by implementing Greenhouse, an applicant tracking system (“ATS”) that encourages and supports best-practices in hiring
- Fostering accountability by implementing requirements based on the NFL’s Rooney Rule for interviewing
- Reducing bias in hiring through trainings and utilizing the Bonsai method
- Posting some roles exclusively on women-centric job boards (Women Who Code)
- Hosting recruiting events geared toward women and underrepresented minorities in tech
- Host a fellowship program for bringing underrepresented team members to Giant Machines
- Continue outreach efforts through recruiting programs with emphasis on diversity
- Add Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) and racial justice criteria to Giant Machines investment decisions
- Facilitate group sessions to create a space to share, learn, educate, and discuss
- Add more DEIB and accessibility guides and perspectives to our employee handbook and our engineering playbooks as appropriate
- Increase the importance of social impact to the criteria rubric for taking on new clients and projects
- Explore remote work policies that align with DEIB objectives.
- Build toward an annual report on initiatives including diversity report, compensation analysis, and a CSR report card
Giant Machines has committed to Pledge 1% of our time, services, profit and equity:
1% of our time
will be allocated to social good via group volunteerism and 16 hours/Year Volunteer PTO.
1% of our services
will be allocated to projects that will make large impacts on our partner organizations.
1% of our profits
will be donated to causes and organizations that fight for racial justice, social justice, and sustainability.
1% of equity
is pledged in the event of an acquisition, merger, or sale to go directly into a donor advised fund or to individual charities that meet our social mission.
What we did in 2020
Donated to NAACP
LDF & USPAACC
Meals donated to citymeals NYC
We've partnered with Flatiron School to create opportunities
We're proud to support the advancement of Black tech professionals by creating long-lasting change and working towards racial equity in tech.
We raised over $6,500 for City Meals in 2020